21 April 2013

Would my mother have worn "Chucks" when she was my age?

You might be asking, "Now what kind of question is that?!!" It's the kind a day dreamer comes up with, and there are plenty more! 

This post is brought on because I am, for the most part, a positive person. That attitude has brought me through some trying times. Not, mind you, as trying as for some, but dark days none-the-less. And I'm happy to share my happy's!

My little kayak named Juicy Fruit. (Because it's mostly yellow)
My 8 year-old Dodge Durango, aptly named Miss Daisy (From the movie Driving Miss Daisy. Get it?)
My umpteen pairs of Chucks in varying colors. (For those who don't know, they're essentially
  old fashioned basketball shoes.)
My 5 year-old Dell laptop which was the last birthday present Ben gave me, and has given me no 
  hissy fits.
My Canon Xti digital camera. Every time I download pictures from it, it's like Christmas all over again!
My two best buds, Cricket & Riley. Don't EVER tell me cats aren't smart, and can't make you laugh
  hysterically in spite of the occasional hairball incidents.
My dad, who has become something of a partner in crime. I would say he taught me everything I know,
  but I'm thinkin' he's learned a thing or two from me as well.
The Colorado Blue Spruce in the front yard, which Ben & I planted in honor of one of our many 
  anniversaries.
The back deck where I can look over my little corner of the world and sigh in contentment.
The pond pump which has, God bless it, been staying the course for many years. I love the sound
  of water.
The Raven who leaves "presents" in the bird water dish. Tonight it was a rabbit ear.
All 100+ of my cookbooks that tend to remind me of even better times.
My Kindle, given to me by my step-gifts, and filled with books I can't wait to read!
The list could go on for awhile, so I will end with the most important subject of my gratitude . . .
  
my attitude.

Where does one's attitude come from? I suspect adversity, inheritance, and sheer willpower. Wherever mine came from, I accept it gratefully, even though I know it will sometimes slip.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I READ THEM CLEAR BACK INTO FEBRUARY. YOU ARE SUCH A PHILOSOPHER. DID YOU MAJOR IN THAT IN COLLEGE? BEAUTIFULLY DONE, DEAR DAUGHTER!