Not one day goes by that I don't
suffer torment.
Self-inflicted
torment.
AKA: Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda.
The very thing I vowed to avoid.
The very thing I vowed to avoid.
Who can help it . . .
no one.
If you say you can,
you're lying to yourself.
We're weak.
And human.
We're weak.
And human.
I haven't found a cure.
Other than just admitting
to it.
And letting the freight train
roll over me.
It doesn't matter how you live your life,
you're going to have a case of the
SCW's
at one time or another.
It's one of those things
we humans have to work at
On. Our. Own.
There may not be a cure
but there IS a way to
avoid
it before it begins . . .
It's called
"The Golden Rule"
And now it's up to those who have
"gone before"
to pass it on to those
who follow.
Or learn it
On. Your. Own.
before it's too late.
Before the lamp goes out.
Not a simple thing, is it.
And it's a rare thing in this day and age.
I would venture to say that there
are many who would ask,
"What's the Golden Rule?"
To which I'd reply,
"Google it."
Okay, I did it for you ~
"The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim, ethical code, or morality that essentially states the following:
One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself "
Or . . .
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
My SCW's aren't so much
things I said or did.
More like things I didn't say or do.
The real tripper is when
it IS too late.
There's no one there.
^
|
|
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it a rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul." - Unknown
It's one of those things
we humans have to work at
On. Our. Own.
There may not be a cure
but there IS a way to
avoid
it before it begins . . .
It's called
"The Golden Rule"
And now it's up to those who have
"gone before"
to pass it on to those
who follow.
To teach us.
Drum it into our very being.
Or learn it
On. Your. Own.
before it's too late.
Before the lamp goes out.
Not a simple thing, is it.
And it's a rare thing in this day and age.
I would venture to say that there
are many who would ask,
"What's the Golden Rule?"
To which I'd reply,
"Google it."
Okay, I did it for you ~
"The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim, ethical code, or morality that essentially states the following:
One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself "
Or . . .
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
My SCW's aren't so much
things I said or did.
More like things I didn't say or do.
The real tripper is when
it IS too late.
There's no one there.
^
|
|
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it a rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul." - Unknown

2 comments:
We are fortunate to have learned "The Golden Rule" from our parents. No, we don't always perfectly live up to it, but but having it in place as the "gold standard" helps us keep the shoulda coulda wouldas in check.
Just be sure they're in check at "the end" . . . Say what needs to be said, if you didn't before.
Post a Comment