That question applies to many things in my life right now, and perhaps in yours as well. For myself I'm writing mainly about the "happiness leeches" that I've allowed to enter my space . . . mainly a relationship which needed revamping, and a home full of unnecessary possessions, which I've mentioned before. I'd say those are two biggies. I have to go back to the basics regarding both, and that means understanding what makes me happy. So I will develop a new set of eyes for each possession, but will keep my eyes off of relationships for now. Its been difficult to "enjoy the moment I'm in" for awhile now, and it's time to let it heal. I'm talking about getting that groove back. It's not always easy to stay in it, so I'm not promising myself that I will. If variety really is the spice of life, doesn't that include getting out of your groove once in awhile?
As time moves on, so must my priorities and values. I can't go back and count the number of times I've reassessed over 64 1/2 years, nor do I care to. Nor do I want to think about what made one very unique relationship work . . . not fair to compare. But 'extraordinary' vs. 'ordinary' comes to mind. I believe that with the former, both sides are in tune; with the latter, there's more give from one side and more take from the other. What's the answer? Begin (or start over) with a good, solid friendship.
The possessions? One step at a time. Those that I can do without will learn what the inside of a box looks like. Soon, I hope!
2 comments:
That must have been tough to write, being so personal. I have seen friends & family drawn into consuming situations. Often, the problems are not solved because the person is not ready. Some distancing can be good.
My thoughts exactly on the distancing, but t'ain't easy!
Post a Comment