18 October 2012

Still deciding . . .

And might be for a ridiculous amount of time!

My head is buzzing night and day, with pros and cons bouncing off the walls. This is not a step to be taken lightly, but, like Sally Field says, "I have just this one life". Right she is. So I list all the pros, each of which is followed by a con. Why can't the 'cons' stay out of it ?!

I can take my kayak and my fire pit with me. Where there's a will there's a way! But I'm not towing a vehicle. Enter the scooter thought. And my "kitties" will follow me anywhere. :)

What am I deciding on?




32' of F R E E D O M !!

Staying glued in one spot, or rolling down the highways and byways. I don't want to do this just to zip here and there, and see the United States; although I haven't been able to do much traveling in my lifetime. I would do it to inhabit places that intrigue me. And to "simplify". But here comes one of the 'cons' ~ I like Prescott and my house. BUT (and here comes a 'pro'), the only way I CAN do this is to sell it, and all the stuff in it. (Regarding "stuff", see my previous post.) I'm sure there are many out there full of advice, but I found a blog by a couple who did the very thing I'm contemplating, and he left nothing out from their first thoughts to the realization. Every little detail, "if's, and's, and but's", is in their blog. They've been living my dream for 3+ years now and are still totally happy. And I know that, if I'm going to do this, it's now or never. If you think about it, what once was a difficult decision, becomes a dim memory.

Doing it alone doesn't bother me. NOT doing it does.


4 comments:

Mary T said...

Wait- didn't your parents do this- in their own way of course- but didn't they roam the country in a motor home for a few years?

Kathy said...

Yes they did! I inherited the wanderlust! :) But I'd be full time, they weren't.

Anonymous said...

I'm having a tiny problem I can't seem to be able to subscribe your feed, I'm using google reader by the way.

Anonymous said...

This is precisely the important information I'd been searching for. Incredible blog. Very inspirational! Your posts are so good and also detailed. The links you come with are also very beneficial as well. Many thanks :)