08 January 2013

Who's on YOUR speed dial list?

I'm guessing this is a great way to tell a lot about a person. Whip out your phone and take a look at your list. Is it arranged with the most important person on number 1 SD, then on down in importance? Or is it hit 'n miss? If it's the former, I'm going to bet your house is in the same order. Am I right?

I have several people on my cell phone speed dials, but in no real order of importance, and only two of which I ever use the SD for. As I added contacts, I put them on the next SD available, if I assigned them one at all. My land line only has two on speed dial. Again, in no order of importance because they're both important! So how tough can it be to connect with the right one?!

Most cell phones also have ICE contacts (In Case of Emergency). You're allowed 3. If you're involved in some type of emergency situation, and can't speak, hopefully they'll look at your phone and see that there are 3 people you want contacted first. Who are your 3? Or have you even done this on your phone?



What's my point?

Well, as I was going through my contacts one day, it kicked off a jumble of thoughts from 'how many of these are actually friends', to 'how important is it to stay in touch with them'. I really don't spend much time on a phone but, being on my own, I do think about different people I've met along the way, including wondering where they are now and what they're doing. And I wonder if they're wondering about me. Wouldn't it be neat if you could just mentally tune in on the ones you're thinking about? Or maybe not! Sure, there's always email, but I still like to hear a real voice sometimes. But as the years pass by and time picks up speed, it becomes more imperative that I pick up that phone and get my questions answered. 

Sooooo, if your phone rings one of these days, it just might be me wondering about you!


No comments: