25 January 2013

Why . . .

"Why" opens up a world of possible answers to brain buzz. Brain buzz is what happens when I try to second guess myself or someone else. I know that my blog posts can sometimes weigh too much on the serious side. But hey, I'm a serious person. That's not to say that I don't have a sense of humor, or don't have fun . . . I just tend to swirl things around more than some. And since its been awhile since the last blog, it's time to swirl!

Therefore, I'm touching on a subject over which I have zero control . . . the fact that some are so blinded by an unhappy past that they can't see what's right in front of them. They fear just letting go and seeing that they really do have something special that differs greatly from "the before". So follow along with me as I clear the air . . .

"Thank you, but I'm not your unhappy past, so don't compare me to that. I'm the "NOW". Understand that I know me. I know what I see in you, and it's not what "they" saw. I have a confidence in and commitment to you that's unique . . . something that you apparently DON'T have. When you are stupid about that, it makes me sad. But I refuse to be dragged backward, into your abyss. Your past is the result of your mistakes, not mine. Can you imagine how totally free you'd feel if, for just 5 minutes, you could let go of all the garbage? Sling it aside like the nothingness that it is?

Sometimes you do. You seem happiest when sharing details regarding the dream you are finally about to realize. It makes me proud of you. But in doing so, you aren't listening to others. When they try to share their thoughts or dreams with you, you aren't there, you go right back to your details. In doing so, you're missing out on the bigger picture of what gets us all to where we are . . . tuning in to the experiences of others. But I'm one of those who chooses to ignore that and let you go on. Do you appreciate that? I somehow doubt it. And I could be wrong, but I somehow doubt that you'd ever even know I was dying . . . if I were! I think it would be an inconvenience to you. Therefore, I won't tell you when the time comes. ;)


The ability to focus and see your dream come to fruition is beyond wonderful, considering what you've been through. But, when all is said and done, and you have what you want, who are you going to share it with? How complete is a life minus friends and family who are willing to be there and see you through to completion? Is living the dream alone enough for you? I will not abandon you. That's not how I was made. But I will always be just a little bit sad that you can't see the person in you that I see, nor can you see the person in me who is there for you, unlike some from your past. That's the one big part of you that's missing. I can only hope that your pride doesn't keep you from seeing it until it's too late."


If those of you who are reading this know someone like I've described, please check the 'meaningful' box below. Then I'll know I'm not alone. :)


1 comment:

Mary T said...

I've been wondering why I haven't seen a blog lately...
There's a mystery behind this one.