04 August 2013

Life goes on . . . indeed it does!

I've been doing some heavy duty mulling for several months now, but it came to a head (like a good beer?) recently. I've always said I have too much time to think, but I've decided that's a good thing. I'm a list maker . . . on paper, and in my head. And I'm an astute observer. Trouble is, I take too much time for things to "right" themselves, if they're gonna! And I try too hard to give people credit where it just isn't due sometimes. I wrote this in a February blog. It's been a part of the "mulling":

"The "other" Bob is completely outside of my normal "box". Or is he? Our relationship, whatever one may call it, has introduced me to different kinds of risks, adventures, and learning experiences; ones that I probably had in me all along, but no one of like mind with which to share such a varied and symbiotic lifestyle. From traveling many miles to buy horses and look at acreages for him, to watching him tackle projects that I would see as better done by someone else, I've come to greatly admire his knowledge,  tenacity, and drive to realize his dream. Well, he found that dream 45 minutes away. Not an insurmountable distance, but possibly difficult enough to maintain the deep friendship we've become accustomed to. I hope not."

Well, apparently so! But many things have led to it's demise. Actually, the friendship still is, and always will be, there. We built too much history to let that go. But I've learned who, and what not, to trust. Never share your thoughts with someone you don't really know. I need to listen closer to my normally trustworthy 6th sense! At any rate, we had an interesting, fun, sad, roller coaster of a 3 1/2-year friendship, and I will never regret one bit of it. It made me realize what a strong person I can be. I only wish I'd realized sooner that you can't make a chocolate malt out of soda water. :) At any rate, it's time to reset my sights; and perhaps he can find his level.

Enough about that. I've also decided it's time to do a few things to my home that I've been putting off. I have the will, so I'll find a way. It's time to get over not being good at asking.


Home really is where the heart is!




2 comments:

Mary T said...

Have a feeling there is a lot more to this story...

Kathy said...

Ohhhh yeah!