05 January 2014

Walk with me awhile . . .

You'll see today's hike through my eyes, but feel free to insert your own thoughts. That's what this blog is all about.

I began by simply wanting my camera to think outside that proverbial box, but I ended by comparing the photos to life itself. My dreamer side shining through! Love these solitary times. I initially discovered a comfortable bench lodged into some rocks beside Willow Lake, not far from the ramp. I'd never noticed it before, so I took advantage of it for a bit, just letting my thoughts tumble around. One of the most important parts of the walk, but I forgot to take a picture of it. Next time.

Remember, you can click on the photos to make them larger.


Wonder what the tree looked like from whence this branch
came, where it was, how old it was.

 A peek into another dimension

Stars on the surface. The bright spots
in my life :)

Like humans, rocks seem to have a
nuturing aspect. How else do plants
grow out of them?

I love this one. Just do.

As I sat on the bench I detected movement behind me.
Apparently I was in the vicinity of his/her den. The squirrel flitted here
and there, but never really left, and was kind enough to let me
take a "shot".

Love this one, too. Just do. Glittering lake water
through some weeds.

Thought this one was best in B&W. The end of life
waiting to be carted away.

A little gift found on the path. What made it grow like this?
Use your imagination!

This could be anyone. But it made me think of all the hikes
and road trips Ben & I shared, and how he would have
enjoyed this day. But who knows . . . maybe he did!

Further on down the trail . . . human-made shelters. The
stuff kid dreams are made of!

Must approach carefully for who knows what lurks
within?!

Looks safe to me :) A shelter from the
storms . . .

Beyond the water, the ducks, the grasses and the trees, 
is a Prescott landmark, Thumb Butte. One that I see most
every day and never take for granted.

A water tank? Nope! Behind the half circle wall is a coordinating
curved concrete bench. Who'd of thought? So I sat and took in my
surroundings.

I thought he might continue right off the end and give me a real 
photo op, but no. He said it was too cold. Big baby. Life is a
constant stream of dares. ;)

One more shot as I'm pulling away. This lonely soul sat on
the dock talking to herself the entire time I explored. Wonder
what her story is. Apparently that spot represents some kind of
peace to her.

Ran into some slow bumps on my way out. Wish they'd
hurry up.

My recapandponder rock. I recap the day and ponder
what tomorrow may bring. Has a nice comfy seat.

Ahhh yes . . . the wonders! They all have a story, just like the rest of us. We just have to let it all settle in and surround us, and imagine the origins, the possibilities, and the future. Find a trail and get to know what really counts in your world. I feel brand new every time I do that. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy -- I've been following your blog since my Charles died two years ago. Excellent photography you share and wonderful thoughts to ponder.

Marlene

Kathy said...

Thank you, Marlene. I lost Ben 4 years ago (12/09), and started this blog in Oct. 2010. Photography and journaling are good for the soul :).