30 July 2014

The trek through life continues!

My trek seems to consist of little snippets of adventure. But that's okay . . . someday it will all equal "The Big Picture"!

When I woke up this morning on my day off, my first thought was, as always, "NOW what should I do?" And as I went through the morning routine (which differs every morning, so there's really no routine), an answer did not come to me. Even by the time I got into Toy (that's the truck), I still had no idea where I was going. When all else fails, I tend to meander toward downtown and the courthouse plaza. That's because I always see something amazing, or at least worth a chuckle. And indeed I did!




I could not believe the unending series of gyrations and stretches this guy went through. I actually envied him but, if I tried that . . . well, I hate to think. This went on for quite awhile. Wonder if he teaches a class . . .

I must appear to be approachable. My next story involves one of the men from one of the MANY rehab homes. He was clean and neat and asked if he could share my bench on his way to the library. I got no bad vibes, so I said 'sure' in my friendly Midwest way. Over the next probably 15 minutes, I got the whole life story in a nutshell. Suffice to say he'd been through it all; and I, in my innocent Midwest way, cannot even imagine living such a life! I asked questions and got more than I asked for, but I'll add it to my "interesting moments". He said he's been clean since 2006, but still smokes cigarettes, not MJ. Then he said 'thank you' and was on his way. (No, I didn't take his picture.)

By that time, I was still seeking an answer to my earlier question: NOW what should I do? I got back into Toy and drove a few blocks to see a friend at her store, but she wasn't there. She was at the library. Now I'm wondering if she ran into Rehab Guy! I doubt it. I got back into Toy and here came my friend down the street. We chatted for a bit, and she gave me one of her son's campaign signs (vote for Cory for Constable), which I shall plant in my yard. She asked where I was headed and I pointed up the street and said, "wherever that leads". There, I had my answer! And that's what I did. 

I ended up in the Prescott National Forest at the parking lot for Thumb Butte. And no, I had neither the desire nor the energy to attempt the climb. I found a picnic table in the shade amongst the pines and just inhaled that wonderful scent! Thumb Butte doesn't look like a thumb from this angle . . . just a monumental climb!


As I sat there contemplating how lucky I am (thanks to Rehab Guy), I kind of wished I'd brought a picnic with me. So, back in the pickup, and back down the road in search of sustenance, with the question going through my head, "But where?!" So I decided to take a friends' advice and try a different pizza.

Here's my humble opinion as said on Facebook:
"Okay, I have 3 top pizza places, and I've been to all 3 within the last month. Here's my take. I forgot to take a picture of Bill's. Anyway, all 3 were quite good, but I'd need to build a pizza from all 3 to attain perfection. So . . . Bill's crust and sauce, Bill's or Rosa's cheese, anyone's mushrooms, the cherry tomatoes from Rosa's. Bill offers cilantro, which I favor over basil. And Bill's and Rosa's small size was manageable. Well then, in reading back, I guess Park Plaza is out. But understand that, if anyone wants to buy me one, I'd eat any of the 3 with exuberance! For home-baked, it's Papa Murphy's hands down."

 ROSA'S PIZZERIA

 PARK PLAZA

I ate half of the Park Plaza pizza because their small is too big for one person. 

Then I rolled myself out to Toy, crawled in and set the autopilot for the courthouse plaza, feeling the need to walk around it at least twice. First time around was in flip flops, second time barefoot in the grass. Oh what a feeling!! On the final round, another fella was sitting on a bench, probably observing the rapture on my face of feeling the grass, so he stopped me to chat for a bit. He figured I was originally from the Midwest and missed grass. Yup, but not mowing it.



Interesting how one's mind works, isn't it? This may well have been a boring day to some, but when you're on your own, and your mind works like mine, you see the possibilities. Some of us "singles" have to invent our own entertainment, and I'm just happy that I have the wherewithal to get up and get out! I know many who don't, and that's just sad.

 Love my little City!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read all your blogs. What a way you have with words! I am really proud of you! I can't imagine me expressing my thoughts that well. I am truly amazed. Really. You are not only a great photographer, but a very expressive writer. Now put the two together and you will become famous....and rich!

Think about it, then do it!!!

Love, your proud Dad