19 July 2015

I WANT MY CRAYONS BACK!!!!

It's kind of fun to reflect on what got you to where you are ... it's that "inner child" thing. 

"The child is in me still, and sometimes not so still."
-- Fred Rogers

I've learned that it's okay when it isn't still. It's that which keeps me happy 90% of the time. I think about what comprises my inner child ...

  It's going to Minion movies
  Kayaking with wild abandon
  Relating to children in a non-parental way (acting like they do!)
  Being more up than down
  Remaining brave in the face of fear
  Fascinated by small things
  Seeing faces and things in the clouds and boulders
  Being easily entertained
  Coloring outside the lines
  Always questioning ... "but why?"
  Exploring nooks and crannies
  Imagining ... always imagining

 If I do indeed have my dad's genes, my inner child is the best one he gave me. His inner child egged him into ordering toys ... like a miniature drum set because he loved to tap to the beat of music, a wild monkey that screeched when you threw it on the floor, a little creature that would repeat what you said ... and the list goes on! But his ultimate goal was to give these to his grandkids when his inner child had enough. He was game for anything. 

Dad's inner child at work!

I hope I'm always "game for anything", but I know that, as time goes on, there may be physical limitations. I will deny those as long as I'm able.

My Inner Child is who I am ... it is my soul. And I will continue to nurture it.

No comments: