SUPER SLEUTH!
What I've learned from these connections is the reason for my title on this post. My main thought is friendships. To be clear, friendships mean the world to me, and I'm not one to throw them away. I have the innate ability to tell when I've "struck gold" ... found someone who will still be there years down the road. Otherwise known as 'kindred spirits'. The ones who knew you when and have built that history with you even though many years may have passed since you last talked. And when you finally do again, it's as if you never stopped.
As much as I say, if I had it to do over again, I'd have skipped going to school ... those are the friends who value that history, along with the people who became friends during my career! The friends made in later years may be kind, thoughtful, and special, but they really don't know you. Those friendships are shallow with few exceptions. And they're the kind that will most likely "ghost" you along the way. They've decided you came into their life, but it's time for you to go ... so they just disappear no matter how hard you tried to be the best kind of friend to them. I will NEVER understand how anyone can do that, but I've had it happen about 3 times, and it's been in the last couple of years. I wonder how often they've done it to others and just how happy they can be.
So, just know that if your phone rings one of these days, it's because I value our past, and there's no better time than now to tell you that!
No comments:
Post a Comment