Everything is distorted except the camera!
Lets take a lesson from the camera! My Canon has the ability (if I program it) to do many things that control the outcome of it's end product . . . a sharp, well-developed image. When you think about it, is your life not a photograph in its totality? You have the tools to set the focus, zoom in or out, brighten or darken, give it vivid color or black & white, set the quality (size), style . . . and the list goes on. Why do we sometimes forget about our capabilities and end up skipping important steps, and ignoring others? If it doesn't "feel right", stop it! Go back and hit the reset button.
Come to think about it, I couldn't ask for a better friend than my camera ~
It allows me to make mistakes without scolding me.
It encourages me to go places I've never been.
It's willing to go places its never been.
Its viewfinder gives me a gentle nudge that maybe I don't have it quite right, without getting angry with me.
It allows me to 'delete' and start over.
It gives me the ability to "capture" a memory I never want to forget.
It gives me second, third, and even fourth chances, without judgement.
It accepts my company unconditionally.
There are probably more analogies, but I feel good about what I have here . . . a dependable, irreplaceable friend.
Why can't life be as simple? Human nature . . .

2 comments:
AS ALWAYS, BEAUTIFULLY DONE. YOU ARE A GEM, DEAR DAUGHTER. (pardon my chin quiver)
Camera as extension of self, alter ego, a means of articulating visual thoughts... glad it can also be a "friend." I enjoy your photos.
Post a Comment