03 February 2011

Facebook and other connections . . .

Facebook may be dubious to some, but for others, it's a true connection to the world. Take my birthday for example. I received (current count) 23 happy birthdays on there, mostly from some I may not otherwise hear from. Very cool! And true to my nature, I answered them all. Many of you have asked that I continue this blog. I'm guessing for various reasons, but the most obvious being that I can clue you in on what it's like to be living alone. I'm far from lonely, or lonesome, because there's a whole ocean of you out there who stay in touch one way or another . . . via the 'dubious' Facebook, email, snail mail, phone, etc.! And I've always been good about entertaining myself via a vivid imagination. :)


The only thing that rattles me just a tad is being sick alone, or hurting myself. I have no one to whine with! And I ask myself "what if I were physically unable to take care of myself, and unable to reach the phone". It's a certainty that my cats will be of no help, unless of course they yowl loud enough for someone to hear them when their bowls are empty! And I'm waaaaay too young for one of those Life Alert things. Or maybe not! What I do know is that "pride goeth before a fall". I need to be wise about what's going on with the old bod, knowing the difference between 'this could be serious' and 'oh, this is nothing'. And I can't let my new found tightwadded-ness, and penchant for self-diagnosing, get in my way of calling the doctor. I'm also bad about 'bothering' people, even though I'm the first one who wants to be bothered when I'm needed. So, I just keep praying that I'm as healthy as I think know I am.


One thing that has come home to me over the last year is this . . . never NEVER take your friends and family for granted, especially the ones you're not sure of. Those are the ones who will, and have, surprised me. I love 'em all!


And now, I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to Texas Roadhouse to sit in the birthday saddle.  Definitely not my idea, but it's another form of entertainment. Stay tuned . . .




                                                                         (This was the ride in '10)

2 comments:

Mary T said...

I don't know, maybe your cats could dial 911. A good dog could do it for sure.

Sounds like you need some FUN! Go cowgirl!

Thanks for staying connected...

Anonymous said...

You go girl !!!!!!!!

You are so awesome in writing your feelings. Waiting for the book to come out one of these days.

Hope you had fun riding on the bull at Texas Road House.