I'm talking EARTH worms! As I peer out at the flower garden I haven't had much luck with, it brings to the forefront that what the venerable worms can do to that earth, I can do the same for my life. They work the soil while we sit back and wait for the results of their labor. But why wait? I could be working through things I'd as soon put off.
What do you do when you get up in the morning? Same stuff, different day? First I brush the teeth. They're the only ones I have, so take care of 'em, right? Then I pop the pill that keeps my thyroid fired up. Then I have to wait for a half hour before I eat something. Eat what? Therein lies the answer to the way my day will go, so I try to be wise about it, not always succeeding. Next I check the email. That's become the American way after all. When the half hour is up, I give my body sustenance, followed by a few well-chosen supplements which include liquid vitamin B-12, the elixir of life. At least it has been for me. Then I go through the beautification stuff. That's a whole other story, which I won't go into. But makeup has never been a do or die thing for me. I have a friend who won't answer the phone or the door without first applying makeup. Whatever.
Some of my day involves remembering things I forgot to remember. Make sense? It will if you're over 55. :) Things tend to sink to the bottom of the soil if they're not cultivated on a timely basis. Enter the art of list making, that is if you can remember to make a list.
The rest of my daytime activities vary, but you get the picture. I think again about that earthworm and his/her God-given and focused talent and vow to emulate that as best I can.
Working my way through the earth of my life is the way to maintaining my hard-earned peace and contentment. A big share of that includes continuing to find ways of putting a glow into someone else's life, especially when they least expect it. It makes me feel so DARNED good!

2 comments:
Hmm... earthworms... sounds like
Spring fever!
Shucks, its been Spring here all winter long!!
Post a Comment