All of these things came together to comprise the most perfect morning I've had in a long, long time. One of those that make you go "ahhhh" many times :). It's days like this that make me certain there's something a whole lot bigger than me out there! But it's also days like this that yank on my reality rope . . . I ain't a kid no mo. Every year it becomes a little tougher to hoist the kayak into my vehicle, but when you're driven, you're driven! Besides, it goes a long way toward not developing that flab that hangs down from your arms. I know, not a pretty picture.
This is the time of year where one paddles while they can. Fall is my favorite. Picture perfect skies, very little breeze, and not so sizzlin' HOT! As I put my 'yak in the water, I'm hyperventilating. I love a good adventure, and I did indeed have one, although there was entirely too much kayak traffic out there. Too many have discovered Watson Lake. Saturday is probably not ideal for avoiding that. I've never had to slide to a screeching halt before while waiting for a probationary kayaker to move it or lose it! Come along while I tell the rest of the story via photos. You can click on them to make them larger.
Talk about a "balancing act"!
Some of those stacking rocks
One of many blue herons
Sacred Datura (known to Iowa farmers as Jimson weed)
Some trees will grow anywhere!
into the rocks and found this ancient
mummified spider.
come loose :(
poopy rock.
picture taken :) There were tons more
but I couldn't fit them all into the same shot.
| Peace & Tranquility on another lake called Lynx. Maybe next time . . . |
3 comments:
Oh my goodness those photos are beautiful!! Looks so peaceful and fun!! :)
Great shots as always. Postcard perfect.
Beautiful photos! Lake Okoboji at its best this time of year, too.
Post a Comment