What I said on my Facebook page pretty well says it:
"Today marks year 3 since I lost my Ben. Yes, that's what we do . . . we remember the anniversary dates. The hurt fades, but the date never does. Much has transpired over that 3 years, things he would be both amazed at and saddened by. But the comforting thought is this . . . the way this world is going, he's in a much better place than we. But it is what we make of it."
But to this I add one more comforting thought:
Ben left behind 4 wonderful children, and many grandkids and greats, to carry on. Some I have yet to meet, but I love 'em all. They are the part of him that lives on.
So here's my thought, not only after the losses, but more importantly, before them:
Take time to put that extra coat of care on connections, and an extra stitch in the fabric of your life. And avoid the superfluous drama in the lives of others.
Carry on, Ben . . . You're still a good example, and I'm still listening!

1 comment:
I really like this one. Yea for Ben (& Kathy)!
Post a Comment