27 June 2013

A Thought Re-ignited . . .

I need to stop thinking. Just stop. That's what happens when I spend too much time with my shadow. I visualize little "thought" lights zipping around at warp speed in my grey matter. Sometimes I'd like to extinguish them, but they're company. Still thinking I spend too MUCH time alone. 

What re-ignited thought, you ask? The motorhome! It's not so much the travel. It's the picking up and going where you want to, when you want to, and your home is right there with you. Sort of like that "If the mountain won't come to Mohammed" thing. 

This?

Or this?

I am most fulfilled when I have done something for or with someone, and that's not happening much where I live right now. Granted, that's partly up to me. However, (and I know some will laugh at this, but) I'm not that outgoing.

I've already been over and over the "what's stopping me" part, but the little zipping lights are trying to show me a way through all of that, if I could just translate. One can't just walk away from all their "stuff". It has to be dealt with, and therein lies the problem. Or maybe it's NOT a problem. Where there's that will, there is a way.

This house has been my home for 15 years, most of which were good. But there comes a time when you weigh the importance of staying or moving on. And that "weighing" has been coming on stronger and stronger over the past 6 months. I have no idea what's triggering it other than life becoming too predictable. I still love Prescott, but there's something missing . . . besides Ben. Perhaps a sense of adventure and new-ness. 

The clock keeps ticking and the thoughts keep zipping . . . 

2 comments:

BLT said...

You said it best..."where there's a will there's a way".

:-)

Mary T said...

You'll do it when you are ready...