I know . . . you're saying, "and your point is . . .?"
When I'm overcome by something, it awakens other thoughts, which led me to go back and read this blog from it's beginning. Why? To see if I've wandered. For the most part I have maintained the courage of my convictions regarding most matters, but I have forgotten a few things that I intend to set right. That's why I said, in a previous post, that sometimes it's necessary to visit the past in order to understand the present. And now I do.
I've become a bit more guarded, not quite the free spirit that I'd aspired to remain. Easily fixed by not allowing oneself or others to compromise my integrity, or make light of my dreams. Unfulfilled dreams are dangerous forces! And I've noticed a slight lack of ambition regarding projects that need to be tackled. I will blame that on the heat!
But sometimes I put off doing things that, in the past, have anchored me, made me just plain feel good. One of those is my annual planting of the purple fountain grass. Ben had built a neat little circle from decorative brick beside the driveway, and always planted the fountain grass in it because he knew I liked it. So, for 3 spring seasons after he was gone, I did it faithfully. This year I just couldn't get enthused. But today Watters Garden Center put a little ditty on Facebook about my grass. That did it! Right after work I went there and bought one, came home, and put it where it belongs. Amen! Funny how such a simple thing can make one feel complete.
And here it is!
Ah yes, there are a few other items awaiting my attention, and I'll get around to them. We all have those little traditions that remind us of who we are, and of how definitely something is missing if we skip a step.
2 comments:
Seems like that was a sign- a good one.
Things happen for a reason. It's up to us to take it all in and enjoy the ride!
Post a Comment