08 September 2013

Courage and Convictions of an independent little cuss!

A parody on the foibles of late-in-life dating . . . if you're brave enough.

Examples of what guys are looking for on a dating site for seniors. Yes, seniors! ~

What this guy wants is simple. And yes, that's all he wrote.

"I'm looking for the same thing every man is..... The remote." 

This one makes me dizzy, not to mention tired. The guy wants it ALL!!

“What I'm looking for in women: I am looking for a woman that is not immature. A woman I can trust. A lady I can talk to for hours on end about virtually anything. I like to discuss ideas, concepts, metaphysics, politics or even sports with a special woman. I want a friend - a buddy and well as a lover - someone who is adventurous, outgoing and attractive. A lady who knows how to dress, but is comfortable in casual. So, if you are reasonably together in body and soul, articulate, passionate, have an active mind and are willing to argue amicably. If you have some direction for your energy and spirit -- if you're "Classy"(for me class is character and attitude and some indescribable personal glow - the way you carry yourself). If you are a soft and reserved woman but yet at the same time wild, I would like to hear from you. My idea of a perfect first date: Good conversation most anywhere is always nice. A candlelight dinner in a quiet cafe. A walk in the pine trees - enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of nature. Just about anywhere that allows two people to talk and get to know each other.” 



And this guy is looking for Beaver Cleaver's mother June. Control freak. Am I right? Needs a little help with spelling and punctuation.

"Chemistry, sex, companion trusted loved one and best friend, strong values, American patriot good cook clean home and body, good dresser, sexy, loves to be happy, good social life but not overwhelming, home first. Do not want a drinking partner, no drugs use except prescritions. Open to almost anything clean with dignity. Likes to attend Church on Sunday with family friends dinner after at home. Two church services okay with me and Temple or one Saturday/Sunday then the other the following. Must be healthy and work at it, excersise a must. Apperance and dress up or down important to me." 


So here are just a few of my most poignant thoughts . . . or replies, if you will:

You say you want a fit & trim woman? What on earth are you doing on a senior’s dating site? Don’t attempt to make me over. I am not a twenty-something with an over-abundance of cleavage, and floss for underwear. I want room to breathe in my jeans. Looking like a stuffed sausage isn’t my idea of style.

My hair is mine to wear in a way that best suits my self-image, not yours.

Don’t tell me the phone works both ways . . . if you want to “court” me, call me. I’m old fashioned, so shoot me.

Don’t give me this “I love walks in the moonlight, and candlelight dinners” crapola. How long would that last before your biggest thrill became controlling the TV remote?

As for all the talk about wanting someone to travel with, are you paying? After bills, my social security might get me 15 miles out of town.

Chemistry? I never took that course in school.

Must be healthy? So I’m not allowed to get ill? Ever? Urp.

Loves to be happy . . . All the time?!!! Get real.

I must look good dressed up or down . . . I already had a momma who controlled my mode of dress. Now it’s my turn, not yours.  

Notice that all of these “men” want an attractive (sexy) woman. Have they looked in the mirror lately? Tit for tat.

As for adventurous . . . I have had a lifetime of adventure. Now is the time when I just want to sit back and enjoy the memories. All of these “requirements” remind me why I’m alone. I would like a man who would simply love, cherish, adore, and grow old gracefully with me. Is that asking too much? Maybe so . . .


(Maxine would be proud, don’tcha think? J

No comments: