18 September 2013

Every day is the first day . . .

of the rest of my life! My blog posts have indicated that I've been "stewing". Well, it's now time to shed longtime habits, obsessions, and toxic influences! Sort of like shedding old skin and exposing the new layer. [That's what my toe is doing, teaching me a lesson :) ]

Just.      Let.       Go. 

When I refer to 'toxic influences', I mean certain people in this case. It's not funny how we allow others to subliminally change us, or at least attempt to. Ever had a friendship where you felt manipulated, yet you wanted that friend enough that you allowed him/her to convince you to remove or change things that were uniquely you in order to fit what they thought you should be? We all do it at one time or another, all because of a human trait . . . the need to be liked. I was one of the lucky ones who caught it in time. This is where the good old "self talk" comes in handy . . . the strong Kathy vs. the wimpy Kathy! You don't need anyone else to validate you! Nothing new to me, but I needed a reminder.



Repeat after me . . .



Right now I have a sense of euphoria, well-being, the kind that makes a rapid list in one's head of things that need to be done, and the knowing beyond doubt that I CAN do it. I haven't felt that in a long, long time. I've set myself FREE!! And I hope I never have to do that again.



And I am NOT going to question its origin. I'm simply going to wrap my mind around it with care, and follow my own instructions, not intentionally hurting anyone along the way. 

And I shall learn to listen better to my usually-accurate sixth sense . . . women's intuition . . . or whatever! [Of course that could include going back to my favorite shorter haircut :)]


The ongoing journey through the rest of my life, will be a methodical system of balancing acts, but without disrupting my favorite part of me . . . spontaneity . . . a prime ingredient of uniqueness!


Love me or leave me . . .


No comments: