12 October 2013

Star Light Star Bright . . .

The serendipities and happy parts of being the boss of yourself are numerous, if you can set the lonelies aside in a dark corner!

Today was a prime example of being able to wander aimlessly with a purpose. If that sounds confusing, it really isn't. Being by myself makes all things possible. So I went to the Prescott Outdoor event at Watson Lake with a totally wide open mind. It was the definition of a perfect fall day! I will put it in a pictorial format . . .  You can click on the photos to make them larger.


 I coaxed the old body to the top and shot part of the event from above. Some of the vendors, a lone red tree, and a little of Granite Mountain.

 Proof that some things can grow in any dry soil!

 The live music added to the ambience with a good variety of bands.

 That lone red tree :)

 The zip line was a tad short, but it sure kept busy!

 Always photogenic . . .

 Who is leading whom, and who dropped the leash?!!

 MUCH tougher than he (she?) looked  :D

 Another survivor

 Just like me, she was entertaining herself :) But I'd happily trade ages with her!

 A really nice couple who made me feel as if I've known them forever. Love when that happens!
Silly Goose!
Last but definitely not least, the majestic blue heron. I swear they pose!

Mixed in with my wandering was a good pulled pork sandwich and some of the best tater salad I've ever had. After fueling up, I put my face to the sun, listened to the music, and just thought about how lucky I am. For many days now, partly because I love this season, I've felt so at peace . . . just plain happy. I'm far, far from what I knew as home, but home has become wherever I am. 

In addition to the couple that I mentioned above, I ran into another woman down at the other ramp. We dipped right into conversation as if it was the most natural thing on earth, and we had many things in common. It's SO fun to talk to strangers, but they're not strangers for long with me. Think of how much quality that adds to ones life. I have always been easily entertained, and hungry to listen to how others' think, what they like, where they're from. They're much more fascinating than I am ;). 

This day will go down in my history as a big, satisfying sigh . . .

No comments: