So here's my thank you note to me:
Thank you for trying your best to eat right every day. I know it's not easy to cook for one and eat it alone, but you're doing an admirable job, especially with the overdoses of dark chocolate!
Thank you for practicing good hygiene almost every day. I know there's no one to impress, but it makes you feel better, which adds to life expectancy! I also know that's why you wear the hair so short. MUCH easier!
Thank you for the routine doctor check ups. It makes me proud when the doc says you have good genes. BUT ... there are a few issues you need to deal with, so do it!
Thank you for having something to look forward to every day, even if it's just a short little road trip to capture an image on the camera for posterity. And for watching the weather for perfect days to kayak. Those are my favorite things.
Thank you for caring enough to keep the space neat and clean even if no one is coming to visit. This, too, makes for a healthier existence.
Thank you for adopting and loving two little cats. They fill a void and make you laugh. Can we please get two more?
Thank you for keeping your brain busy with all of the books you read, the part-time job you have, and for being a list maker so that nothing gets past you. Nice job staying inside the lines in the creative coloring books, too!
Thank you for knowing when to seek human company ... another leg up for longevity. I know you value your space and get along better than most at living alone, but you can't have two-way conversations with walls and cats.
So, for all of this, I went to one of my favorite little shops in Prescott and bought myself a gift ... an Alex and Ani amethyst ring (my birthstone). Hey, what can I say? It's cute!
Happy Valentine's day to you & yours, and me!

1 comment:
Always enjoy your blogs! Keep it up.
Marlene from Shreveport LA
Post a Comment