So true! I guess, over the months, I've come to believe I have nothing more to add. But truthfully, my life is full of everything from contentment, adversity, and confusion, to doubt, serendipities, and sometimes even fun! But I've always been one who thinks others have better stories. This little reminder tells me otherwise, so I shall amble on through the good, the bad, and the ugly ... and what better time than a hot Arizona day. Please understand that this post isn't meant to be a diary, telling you what I've been up to. It's just a single person explaining what it's like. 📝
Since I last posted, plenty of important-to-me things have happened. I've decided that, even though it bugs my lower back when I vacuum, I'm cleaning my own house. No one does it better ... faster maybe, but not better. I know there will come a time when I'll say "cease fire!", but I can do this. There is nothing better than having a clean world, and cleaning it yourself puts you back in touch with it.
My step-family lost an important member on May 10. 💔 My step-sons wife experienced a sudden and unexpected brain aneurysm. Another glaring lesson in living each day as if it could be your or someone else's last. So much is affected. 😢
I've mentally compiled a list of friends who just might "get it". Get what, you say? Well, if you have to ask ... I AM thankful for some pretty good neighbors!
I've been taking care of to-do things. I'm finding it to be a big effort more and more often. I really have to gear up for it. Some of these things would be nothing to most of you, but when I'm able to accomplish them, I'm freaking HAPPY! I got my beloved iris patch thinned, and chose 10 to re-plant. 🌷 I don't want to lose that legacy. The thing that causes me to shake my head the most is the raised garden/pond area. It's beginning to look quite sad, but I know I don't have the stamina to deal with it, or the overgrown Spanish Broom that I dearly love. Oh for a chain saw and muscles! Other than that, I thankfully have a fairly low maintenance yard.
The biggy was my first colonoscopy. 💩 Nothing like waiting until you're 69. The prep stuff didn't taste too bad, but I don't like the days where you can't eat this or that, and then nothing but liquids. Throws off the whole game plan! The good news ... I don't have another one for 10 more years. By then, who cares?! The bad news? When having a medical issue, it becomes obvious how few people you have who would "be there" for you. Thankfully all I needed was a ride to and from this time and I got that from my visiting Vermont friend Sally 😎.
The July 4th holiday was a memorable one! I announced the big Prescott Frontier Days parade for the 6th time with my friend LaRee. We're a team! Being surrounded by several thousand people is exciting! By the time we're finished, I'm ready for a nap, but food comes first! 😋 Then, a nice surprise was being invited to the rodeo by Laurel, another friend. I hadn't attended since I first moved here, so it was a fun time. And, as always, the big gathering at Pat & Neal's. They always include this fifth wheel for which I'm forever grateful! To have 60 - 80 people in my house would be beyond my imagination! 😜
The thing looming most large is the progression of macular degeneration. I can't imagine life without reading, kayaking, and my camera. 📷🚣🏽📖 But I'm beginning to experience some distortions with my vision. I just pray that it'll take its time and give me several more years without having to depend on others. And maybe by that time they will have come up with some amazing discoveries! Crossing my fingers, but not my eyes. 👀
Until next time ...
🙉🙈🙊
Feel free to register your reaction below! It helps me to know if I'm headed in the right direction ...
Feel free to register your reaction below! It helps me to know if I'm headed in the right direction ...

No comments:
Post a Comment