Wow! Nearly 5 months since I've posted on my blog, not that anyone is keeping track! It's coming up on one year since I began my Covid hibernation, so here's how I've spent that time ...
I've become well acquainted with myself, and the more that time passes, the more I get used to it. I experienced times when I was downright sad/ticked/peaceful/worried, etc. But, for the most part, I consider myself luckier than many. I've kept up with things that need to be done, have read MANY books, good about wearing a mask 😷, and keeping my little world clean. When I do venture out it's mostly for groceries and cat food 😻, but I do get dinner to go now and then 🍕. I've also stayed somewhat in touch with certain neighbors.
What I wish I would do more of is cook better for myself, and bake. I'm a lazy butt at heart! Once in awhile I have a
So I gather the ingredients and eat well for a minute!
I've also called and spoken with peeps whom I haven't in a long while. Fun to catch up and be sure they're doing alright. And, when we had our big snow, 3 different neighbors kept my driveway as clear as they could. Wasn't easy I know. My back won't allow me to do it, so I'm thankful for my neighbors. 😘
My other saving grace is my camera! It captures history ... snowstorms, birds at the water dish, and my little hummer returning to the fold. When the weather warms up a bit, I'll get out of my pasture more often, and on the lake! 😎 I also got a new toy from my sister which adds greatly to my entertainment ... a lens ball!
Pretty cool, huh?! No end to the imagination. 😜
Nobody knows when this surreal situation will end, but I'm pretty sure things will not go back to "normal". That's probably not a bad thing. My wish is that people will come out of it kinder and more understanding. But there are always those who won't. 😡 The same ones who aren't right now.
In the meantime, I will just continue on. Stay well and ... get your shot! 💉
No comments:
Post a Comment