More on the road to restoration . . .
It's kind of like dark chocolate and sea salt. Quite frankly, I'd like to be on a boat out on the sea . . . any kind of boat, doesn't matter. What matters are the surroundings, ambiance, or circumstances, all part of my sustenance. Even just sitting on a beach watching boats would be a wonder for me. I sometimes become restless, knowing that I either need a change of scenery or companionship. Companionship of the sort that values you for what and who you are, where you can speak your mind and not be judged. How refreshing! I guess maybe that's someone who has grown with you, knows where you came from, and appreciates what you bring to the friendship. Right now books give me a certain measure of that. I can choose to read anything I want, and what's the book going to say? Same goes for the camera. But I digress. I had about a 24-hour serendipity recently. A long ago, but long-time friend stayed with me. We had quality time and packed a lot into that 24 hours, including 4 hours kayaking Watson Lake . . .
It's kind of like dark chocolate and sea salt. Quite frankly, I'd like to be on a boat out on the sea . . . any kind of boat, doesn't matter. What matters are the surroundings, ambiance, or circumstances, all part of my sustenance. Even just sitting on a beach watching boats would be a wonder for me. I sometimes become restless, knowing that I either need a change of scenery or companionship. Companionship of the sort that values you for what and who you are, where you can speak your mind and not be judged. How refreshing! I guess maybe that's someone who has grown with you, knows where you came from, and appreciates what you bring to the friendship. Right now books give me a certain measure of that. I can choose to read anything I want, and what's the book going to say? Same goes for the camera. But I digress. I had about a 24-hour serendipity recently. A long ago, but long-time friend stayed with me. We had quality time and packed a lot into that 24 hours, including 4 hours kayaking Watson Lake . . .
And now I have "empty nest syndrome"! You thought only parents could get that, but no. Don't get me wrong. For the most part, I'm fine with the way things are at the present time. But we all go through zones when we think "there has to be more". So "being fine" is the serendipity. "Has to be more" is the indecision. I try to catch that the moment it awakens. Trouble is I don't always listen to myself. I can either deal with a particular situation or simply accept or delete it . . . either way, just be.
Sometimes it's fascinating to look at that proverbial "big picture" . . . your birth to where you are at this point. I try to refer to the past only when it's relevant to the present, but I NEVER would have guessed I'd put myself so far away from a large body of water. I followed not only my heart, but also my intuition, and I'm happy that I can love mountains and desert almost as much as water. If there is comfort, joy and grace in my world, then I know I'm okay. There's more of that now than there had been for some time. So what's the problem? Something is amiss and I do not know what it is. And no one has the answer but me. Thankfully I know it isn't negative. I'll figure it out eventually.
In the meantime, I'll remember that true wealth isn't what I have, it's who I am. To get more out of life, I have to give more of myself. And if I'm headed in the wrong direction, I know God allows U-turns. :)

2 comments:
Looking forward to how you figure out some of the answers, as well as what will lead to more questions...
this post is very usefull thx!
Post a Comment