The Raven ~
I'll start with "my" Raven, a much misunderstood creature. They mate for life, but that doesn't stop the male from visiting another female if her mate isn't around. If they hang around humans enough, they'll even mimic you. And you'll find that they're quite good at critical thinking, ie: making life easier for themselves by scheming. But I'm critically thinking he/she needs to stop messing with my bird water dish! They bring things by to soak for their babies, and here are a few samples:
Got milk?
Partially eaten toast and some other unmentionable!
Front half of some snake. It left the back half for me
Today it left part of a bun of some kind. Tomorrow? Who knows. I've been left with several gross things, and I'm tired of cleaning the dish. I'm going to attempt to have a visit with this papa, although I know I will lose the debate. (I actually think the whole thing is hilarious!)
Willow Lake Adventures ~
There is nothing, repeat, NOTHING that lowers BP like a few hours on a calm body of water. Being from a place that has "real" lakes, Prescott offers more what I'd call pretty little ponds. It does, however, take me at least 3 hours to go around them if I take my time, which I usually do. What's the hurry? Prescott releases water from these lakes (Willow & Watson) to refill the aquifer, which they're required by the state to do. So, both are currently rather low, especially Willow. After a good rainy season, all will be well again. But Sunday was a more than perfect morning to go. It was calm, the water was clear, and I had it all to myself, other than a few fishermen. I thought I might leave the camera at home this time, but that goes against my grain. I put the big zoom on, grabbed my water bottle, kayak, and paddle, and off I went.
Ancient trash (a huge old corrugated culvert) revealed by the lower water.
A Prescott landmark, Thumb Butte, is in the distance.
Don't know these guys, but I told them they'd catch fish if
they went over by the boulders. Indeed they did! Nice
Largemouth bass.
Another landmark, Granite mountain.
Every corner I'd come around, there he/she was!
Moss on the dam. Let it rain and fill'er back up!
One of the firefighting units for the Gladiator fire.
Miscellaneous ~
Just every day stuff that some take for granted . . .
Just every day stuff that some take for granted . . .
Of all the iris in the bed, only one bloomed. But hey, it
had 4 flowers on the stalk!
Old vs. New Maytag
Several told us their memories, and some said
they still use the old one!
Yes, I actually have color in my yard besides the lone iris!
Me with the black thumb :)
Me with the black thumb :)
How 'bout a ride around downtown? I think I might
next time he's around.
I have NEVER seen this many blooms on the
Claret Cup cactus. Makes my heart sing!
I have NEVER seen this many blooms on the
Claret Cup cactus. Makes my heart sing!
"Variety is the spice of life" as evidenced by these photos. I'll savor the memories, but I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
2 comments:
I miss that so much.
Very nice. Yes, I still use our 39 yr old Maytag W/D!
Post a Comment