I saw the movie, and I've read others' lists, but it's not so much where I want to go, what I want to see, and what I want to have. When Ben passed away, a wholly different being inhabited me. It was as if a part of Ben's soul entered my mind, maybe my heart. Perhaps I'm on my way back to God. But whatever it was, it's a deeply personal and spiritual shift. Over the months I've made notes as I think of things, and the following is a work in progress, in no particular order. Some of these may repeat items in the earlier posts of things I would have told "Little Kathy", but I just define that as reinforcement! My biggest hope is that it makes you think about where you are . . .
Be kind. Period.
Mind my own business.
Be as kind to the janitor as to the chairman of the board.
Take the camera everywhere.
Experiment with the settings.
Learn how to do the presentation of good photos.
Use the tripod. Or monopod.
Walk wherever and whenever possible.
Play 'tourist' once in awhile.
Kayak as often as possible. It's a whole other world.
Don't say "shoulda, coulda, or woulda".
Smile more. Genuinely.
Be more patient with people and situations.
Be patient with my cats. They're my best friends.
Think about what goes into the mouth.
Think about what comes out of the mouth.
Dress for the occasion.
Be more free with compliments.
Easily accept compliments.
Don't say 'yes' when 'no' is on the lips.
Remember that each day is a gift not to be wasted.
Live your life without regrets or resentment.
Nap as needed.
Be productive -- working or playing.
Learn when to 'back off'.
Live one moment at a time. One hour. One day.
Understand fear. And face it.
Make more contacts.
Listen carefully to the other side without interrupting.
Be willing to concede when I'm wrong.
Never EVER let someone else control my destiny. Guide maybe,
control, never. My character is my destiny.
Live the lessons learned from my soulmate, Ben, and from my
upbringing - be a kinder, gentler person.
Explore my world, small as it may be.
Be resilient.
Do not "act my age". That's no fun. Or maybe it is! :)
Be free with sincere compliments.
Treasure serendipities.
Live the "Four Agreements":
Be impeccable with my word.
Don't take anything personally.
Don't make assumptions.
Always do my best.
Pay kindnesses forward.
And perhaps most important . . .
Just be.
As I mentioned at the beginning, this list is a work in progress. The more I let myself be involved with my evolution, the more additions there will be to "the list". I guess I prefer to call it "the list" because the word 'bucket' implies that I'm dumping things into a vessel that will hold things until I get a 'round tuit', and I prefer to tackle them as they come. I love checking things off, but these aren't the kinds of things that can be done once and that's it. This list is my life's mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment