I've been reassessing the "to-do's" and here's what's up:
* I got the shingling done, compliments of AAA Insurance. Bless 'em!
* My furnace/AC has been nickel and dime-ing me, so guess what! I bite the bullet and a new one is in the works. The old one is beyond hope. Gotta do it, so here I go.
* I did most of the yard prep such as pruning the apple tree and the Forsythia bush(with a little help from neighbor Dick), the garden, where the poppies will hopefully burst forth, is prepped, the iris are lookin' good, the front fountain and the back pond are ready to go (after I seal a leak in the fountain), power washing the lower deck is put to bed, now I'll sand it (Update: it's sanded!), then stain it. I was going to hire that done until the furnace/AC did a number on me.
* I'm keeping a keen eye on things of an electrical and plumbing nature. So far all is calm.
* The stucco exterior has not been painted since the house was built in '93. But, since people ask me if I just got it painted, I'm thinkin' it must look pretty darned good. Love that stucco for holding the paint!
* I see a few areas that need caulking. Another thing to learn.
* The '05 Dodge Durango is running well. So far. Like my grandma P., I'll be anal about checking the oil, tires, etc.
* Maintenance on Kathy is under way. A stress echocardiogram is scheduled. Family history urges me to gitter done. But I'm still avoiding the colonoscopy (more family history) until I'm assured that my insurance will cover the Virtual version. What can I say -- I'm a wimp.
Looking at a list such as this one reminds me of a phrase Ben and I would use when faced with adversity: "Deep dark depression, excessive misery". Then we'd laugh.
All kidding aside, the wisest thing one can do for oneself is "be prepared". When a friend says, "can we talk about something more positive?", time to find a new friend. You must have someone that you can talk with about anything. I know I'm my own best friend, but it's nice to have someone to bounce ideas and even worries off of. That's a major part of life . . . you need someone who not only wants the frosting, but the whole cake. "Grace" seems to be my go-to with big shoulders. :) Whom do you have?
Life's Little Instruction Book.
A good tool to have in one's arsenal!
No comments:
Post a Comment