Ben's birthday "cake" ~ apple pie!
So now I celebrate for and with him. "We" had a perfect Arizona day today, so I took him downtown amongst 1000's of people for the Best Fest celebration to kick off Arizona's 100th birthday. Prescott's where it all began, and Ben would have loved it!
2 comments:
That is very nice, & I hope each year is increasingly a source of joy. Like that fun pic of Ben!
Following is from an email recently sent to our girls in reference to birthdays of those who have passed. "This September Grandma Bo, born in 1902 would have been 109, Gr Veda born in 1906 would have been 105, & Kate our lab born in 1983 would have been 28! It's not that I celebrate their birthdays as in cake & candles, but rather that I honor the day they were born & the positive way they lived. I learn from that & keep it close to my heart. It becomes energy."
Of course, if you want cake, that's great, too!
PS I can't believe AZ is only 100- history is fascinating & can help us live with quality in the now.
brinkka2011 says: Youre so right. Im there with you. Your blog is surely worth a read if anyone comes throughout it. Im lucky I did because now Ive acquired a whole new view of this. I didnt realise that this issue was so important and so universal. You absolutely put it in perspective for me.
Post a Comment