19 November 2011

A revealing timeline

And how sweet it is. Most of it anyway. I've been looking at the titles of all of my blogs and I can almost remember what each one is about without sneaking a peek. I've kept it upbeat for the most part, even though I sometimes feel like hurling. I started "Grace" October 29 of 2010. Lots of water under that bridge and over the dam. I'm sneaking up on the Second Anniversary of losing my soul mate and my mom, and I'm thinking it's not a whole lot different than the First, other than maybe a bit less painful. But when I recall everything I've accomplished and have been through, I have to say that I feel luckier than most. However, I feel myself downshifting. A tad lower energy, and not so much ambition. I blame the weather change. Winter brings on Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), and I'm a prime candidate being the outdoor person I am. Hey, we can't all be happy ALL of the time! A little beach time would surely help, but that's one of those things that will likely not happen. Too busy keeping my head above water. No pun intended.


At any rate, this is just one of those times that I question where I am. I'm not listening to myself, am I? I need to go back and read not just the titles, but what's in them. Then, as usual, I'll be okay. I read a little of Ben's CaringBridge tonight. I never closed it, so it's still there. "Grace Under Pressure" takes over where the CB left off. I'm not happy with this particular post, but I needed to vent. The next time I write, I'll be back in control of myself. I hope. 

(Don't forget to look at the photos at the end of the page. Once in awhile I slip in a new one.)


2 comments:

Mary T said...

Glad you included this one. Yes, read your own stuff! You don't have to be in control all the time... Who is?

Photos were too wonderful to miss, so thanks for the tip to look at the end page.

Carol L said...

I agree with Mary T. I believe we all need to take an opportunity to vent. It's healthy. When we do, it helps get rid of the garbage that we can't help but accumulate. What's left? A lot less negative energy. You said yourself that you were taking steps to help yourself feel better! How many people go to a pity party and set up camp? You pay it a visit and depart in a reasonable amount of time!

So cut yourself a little slack and take a moment to read "Footprints in the Sand". Know your friends are there to lift you up too!

xoxo -- Carol