02 November 2011

What's it all about, Alfie?

I'm having one of those days where, if I fly any higher, I may leave the Universe! It's one of those days where everything comes together like a neat little package which = Euphoria, or perhaps Enlightenment, Eureka moments, intuitive drumming, an Epiphany of sorts, Synergy, but most assuredly F L O W! I know that what is occuring is called 'independence', but what is that transition between struggle and effortlessness called? Take your pick from the aforementioned.


If I could photograph my perfect day,
this comes close 


Everything I need to do is all in line . . . one thing leading smoothly to the next. And *POOF*, they're done! It helps that, from the time I got up, I was in total sync . . . mind and body. Other elements enter in. Two that come to mind: 1) My dad is returning to Prescott tonight for the winter, and 2) my "friend" seems to be going through one of his "synced" periods. Life is good. I try to no longer think about when the proverbial "other shoe" is going to drop for him again. I'm a patient person who doesn't desert people, I simply step out of view while still holding the safety net.


Dad resting before his flight to AZ. tonight. 
He's faking, of course:)


Why can't every day be like this? Might lead to exhaustion! And, if you had them frequently, you'd likely not appreciate them as much. And believe me, I'm appreciating the overpowering pleasure of it, and will look forward to the next one.


So you might be wondering, "what's an 'off day' like for Kathy? Not a whole lot different, but sometimes the body likes to lend me a pain to deal with which, if I wait long enough, just goes away. Or the mind isn't exactly sure what to focus on first. All natural things to the aging process, I'm sure, but I'm able to beat them off. Good German genes! Jawohl! (Yes!) and Wunderbar! (Wonderful!).


No, I don't know him,
but he looks like a good German!


God knows I had plenty of those 'off days' during the last few years, but I've been granted the wisdom to let it run it's course. It does absolutely no good to think everything will be fine all the time. It wasn't and won't be, but everything I've been through has brought out an even more resilient person. Perhaps this is what I was working up to:
If you're sweating small stuff (or big) right now, remember how it goes ~
"it's all small stuff". It, too, shall pass. 

1 comment:

Mary T said...

I like those descriptions & have felt similarly. Today is starting out like that & the "decision" has been made to keep it going!