First and foremost is what if my dad hadn't met my mom. If they'd met someone else, would I be here? (Actually, if I wasn't, would I care?!!) Orrrr . . . what if my mom had said "no" that fateful night?!! ;)
My parents
What if I hadn't grown up in a lake area? Would I care so much about water?
My childhood
What if I hadn't married at 20 the first time? Would I have finished college and started a good career? I tend to think so. I advise all young peeps to wait until they're at LEAST 28 to get married.
If I'd waited longer to marry, would I have had kids? Or was it just not in me?
What if my sister hadn't dated Ben's son? Would I have come to know Ben?
What if I hadn't married Ben at 34? Would I have known what a "soul mate" is? I think not.
My soul mate
What if Ben hadn't had a nephew that we visited in Sedona? We likely wouldn't have ended up in Prescott. It would have just been a place on a map.
What if Ben hadn't given me a little 1MP Kodak digital camera Christmas of 2000? Would I have moved up to a 10 MP Canon digital and have this computer full of photos?
My first digital
What if I hadn't gotten tendonitis in my right arm, causing me not to be able to cut Ben's hair? Would he still have gone to a barber that he told me could cut my hair like he did after he was gone? And that barber eventually became my friend?
Bob
What if my mom & Ben hadn't passed away so close together in time? Would I still be working at a job that I was fast tiring of? I think not. The losses awakened me to the value of doing what you love, and loving what you do. Life's short.
Doing what I love
What if I hadn't grown up with two brothers? Would I still have been an "independent little cuss"?
Me'n my Gram P.
What if I hadn't been born so introspective? Would I still question why I do the things I do?
I could probably think of many more, but life is already one big "What If" if I let it be . . .
So I'll just let it be.






2 comments:
Fascinating ponderables. Do you wonder about the future "what if's?"
I try not to!
Post a Comment