09 November 2010

Oh! To be YOUNG again!! *POOF* and I AM!

Went to my doctor today and I'm trying and trying to think what could make me happier than the "You're amazing" report I got. Answer: N O T H I N G!!!!! Sure I have my longtime issues, but they're not insurmountable. I feel SO good. And no, I'm not waiting around for the "other shoe to drop". I just won't wear shoes! Never liked 'em anyway. Lets say that said shoes are stress. I kicked it (the job) off in May and never looked back. That has a LOT to do with my health. If you're into something that's making you unhappy, why are you doing it? That goes for people, too. I won't hang with toxic personalities. They'll drag you right down with them. To quote George H.W. Bush, "Not gonna do it, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent." I am finally responsible for myself and I'm by dingo going to make the best of it. "Each life must follow its own course, and what happens to other people has absolutely nothing to do with what happens to me." I spent many years thinking I was put on this Earth to please others, and that's how I lived. Not that I was particularly unhappy, but I am so sorry that it took me this long to figure out that it just wasn't necessary. Unfortunately, I think I was born into an era where that's what was expected of females. I would not trade growing up in the 50's and 60's, but I would change some of my thinking. No, I still wouldn't choose to be a hippy, but borrowing a little of their free-thinking might have been a good thing! Ben always said I was an "independent little cuss". I suspect that I was merely at a point where I no longer felt I was being controlled. But I was. By the things life handed us . . . struggling to get back up to speed by making a decent living, Ben's health issues, a career I was fast tiring of but didn't realize it, and just by living the way I thought people expected me to. What did I think they expected? Good grief! There's nothing wrong with the way I am. I care deeply about things, I'd be the first one there if someone needed me, and I love to laugh. I'm easily entertained now by following my spontaneity. I'm into the sunset years, like it or not. So, if I'm going to do something, it best be now, not when I'm unable. And, hopefully, I'll always be able to follow my path . . .


   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

You have a wonderful skill of sharing your thoughts in a meaningful way to help others. I'll be sure to bookmark this site, so I can return often.

Deb