08 November 2010

Wandering aimlessly . . . and enjoying it :-)

My dad is back in Prescott for the winter and, at 88, he's enjoying life. So I suppose that will include a few road trips, a few events about town, and dinner with friends and by ourselves. Yahoo! His presence will keep me on the somewhat straight and narrow. Or probably I'm doing that for him?!


As for my journey? I'm not out to remake myself. That wouldn't be authentic. I'm more like rediscovering, reinventing. All of my 'alone-ness" offers bunches of time to reflect on what was, and I'm talking about going waaaay back! Once I get there, then I can go forward and decide what worked and what didn't. As George Eliot said, "It's never too late to be what you might have been." Intriguing, isn't it. I'm a restless soul, and a dreamer. Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you. There are most definitely times when I made the wrong choices, but it always worked out, and maybe contributed to my being a little too analytical at this stage. Age has never mattered to me. The mind does. So, mentally I'm 35. Physically . . . well, I feel very healthy, but I know I have some minor issues that bear watching.


"Circle of Friends" . . . I don't know that I have one. My friends are as varied as the clothes in my closet, which I need to sort out by the way. Good analogy though! Some no longer fit. Some always do. Some define who you are. Some . . . well, you get the picture. If you buy into the horoscope thing, maybe being an Aquarius explains a lot of it. 


Finding a part-time job just isn't fitting into all of this at the moment. I'm having way too much fun doing and thinking about the things I wasn't able to when I was working full time. And I haven't felt this copasetic in years. I think my 25-year career did a number on me even though I enjoyed it for most of those years.


By the way, there is a way you can comment on here, and it isn't that tough, so go ahead and give me your best shot!

No comments: