My posts are Attitudes of Gratitude on my humbling journey through this thing called life . . .
04 June 2011
Here, there, and everywhere!! :)
I had no intention of writing another entry such a short time after the one below, but I had to share this with those of you closest to Ben. It's neat. Just plain neat. I think I mentioned somewhere along the way that I'd taken some of his ashes and put them in places he loved . . . the lake we lived on in Iowa got the major portion, but he's also in Lynx Creek, under the spruce and large boulder in our Prescott yard, he'll be in Ben Saunders' Park in Iowa, and he's around my neck. But the place I was really waiting for has been completed. Ben's two daughters, Mary Ann and Kim, were finally able to give some of him back to his parents on their graves in Worthington, Mn. on June 2. But the story is the neat part. They were having a hard time finding the location in the cemetery, so they saw a lady in her back yard next to it. She asked who they were looking for, so Mary Ann gave her Ben's father's name. She said "you must be related to Ben" and she knew Mary Ann's name. I'm sure Mary Ann was astounded. The lady happened to be Marlene, the wife of Ben's best childhood friend, so she pretty much knew where they were buried! I knew she lived nearby, but I never dreamed they'd connect with her. And Marlene just knows that God had a purpose for her to be in her garden that day and at that time. As Mary Ann said, it's just too weird! She told them stories of Ben and showed them pictures he'd given her late husband. How much more complete could the task have been, and what a great serendipity for Ben's two daughters. Ben is fully at peace, and I am humbled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think that was a coincidence. Something else is at work.
:) I totally agree!
Post a Comment