AQUARIUS, the water bearer
I'm not much of a believer in horoscopes, but I do read them occasionally, and sometimes they touch base. I'm thinking that the writer just gets lucky once in awhile. The following is a recent one. The reason this one resonates lies in the third and fourth sentences.
"The cosmos will ask you to make more of an effort, Aquarius. To do so means you will have to come back down to earth and join the rest of us mere mortals. You may be cultivating your independence a bit too much. You seem to be pulling away from people. You should try to mix more and get involved in a cause that's bigger than you. Accept working with others as a necessary component of your life."
Cultivating independence is not, in and of itself, a bad thing, and I don't feel that I'm doing too much of it. What I have accomplished has been out of necessity . . . the survival mode if you will.
As for "pulling away from people", that may just be a 'time' thing. I'm careful about getting things done that need to be done, but I never EVER mean to pull away from anyone. I've made many new friends and acquaintances, kept most of the old ones, and look forward to cultivating many more. I treasure everyone I come into contact with. Each and every one has somehow added to my quality of life, and I hope that I've done the same for them. One of the most important things in the world is having something to look forward to, if not every day, at least every week, and it doesn't have to be a biggy for me to get excited. Not having to eat alone is a biggy!
The latter part of the fifth sentence is exactly where I am right now . . . involved in a cause that's bigger than me . . . the V.A. hospice. "Bigger than me" is a huge understatement. I know that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew because I know innately that this endeavor chose me way more than I chose it. Some things just come over, around, and through you, working on your subconscious until it becomes a part of you much like your favorite chair. It's meant to be. And, rather than pulling me away from people, it's throwing me into a whole new bunch of them!
By "striking a balance", I mean that my life must be made up of equal parts of friends, passion for a chosen path, and being mindful of my health.
Piece o' cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment