Ben was forever leaving me little Post-It notes with varying subjects, but usually to tell me to straighten up a mess I'd made, or to remind me about something. But, in view of the fact I'm always questioning whether or not those who have gone before are still with us, does this note not present evidence? I'm asking myself, why this book? Why did I find it after so long? When did he put it there, and why? Kind of leads one through many theories, does it not? Maybe I was naughty and he wanted to let me know. :) Maybe he had the prophetic foresight to know I would someday wonder where he is, if he's still with me in a sense. Or maybe he knew I'd be "looking" for a recipe. Ben definitely had a unique sense of humor. That's partly why it was so significant to find this, and in the way that I did. I'm sure that, if I ever get around to purging, I'll find other reminders of what a neat person he was.
Your assignment for the rest of your lives . . . leave little Post-It notes for your family here and there. I can't think of anything I'd like better than to find more. Something to look forward to . . . :)
1 comment:
Very cute & fun. Hope you do find more.
4th of July is gearing up at Okoboji. We are partying at home with the Myerly Crew next door. Good times!
Post a Comment